Representing injured Vermonters for more than 35 years
Vermont law protects you if you are injured while doing your job. Even though your employer is required to provide you with a safe working environment, accidents and injuries still happen. If your work caused or contributed to your injury, you have certain rights under Vermont’s workers’ compensation law. This sounds straightforward but there is an important point to be aware of.
The Insurance Company is Not Looking Out for You
Insurance companies are for-profit businesses and their goal is to keep costs down. They do not go out of their way to tell injured workers about all the benefits they may be owed. You should understand that:
- Insurance adjusters will never explain exactly what you could get in your claim.
- Injured workers often do not realize they can pick their own doctor after the first visit to a company doctor.
- Doctors hired by insurance companies are not necessarily on your side. They can and do give opinions that help the insurance company pay fewer benefits in your claim.
- Even if they pay you a lump sum, your claim is not necessarily closed. You could be entitled to further benefits if your injury develops complications in the future. Don’t sign off on your claim without talking to us.
When to Talk to a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Call for a free evaluation of your claim if:
- Any part of your workers’ compensation claim has been denied for any reason.
- You need help understanding your rights after a work injury.
- You believe you may be entitled to additional benefits.
- You were treated for a workplace injury but were unable to return to work.
- You were treated for a workplace injury and returned to work but do not remember receiving “permanent impairment” benefits (also called “permanency”).
Even if your workers’ compensation claim is accepted, don’t be fooled! Work injury cases are complicated and your employer’s insurance company has every incentive to offer you just enough money that you don’t want to risk losing it. This means you could be missing out on thousands of dollars that you are entitled to!
Biggam Fox & Skinner IS on Your Side
We never represent employers or insurance companies.
Since 1979, our experienced attorneys have represented hard-working people in their workers’ compensation claims all over Vermont. We work for injured workers, not for insurance companies or employers. If you have been denied benefits, or even if you only have questions, call us today. It won’t cost you anything: we offer a toll-free phone number and your consultation is free.
When you call, you can expect:
- A confidential consultation with a lawyer who will listen to you
- A free evaluation of your claim, including an explanation of the additional benefits you could be due
- No hourly retainers or billing
- Your questions answered carefully and promptly by experienced staff
- The opportunity to receive a free quarterly newsletter from BFS that includes the latest developments in workers’ compensation claims
Talk to us today. No strings attached. Really.
Many different deadlines apply in Vermont workers’ compensation claims. If you miss a deadline, you may lose your right to receive any benefits. Don’t delay. You do not want to miss your chance to get the benefits you are due.
Call us at 1-800-995-4807.
Offices in Montpelier & Burlington
Case evaluations are free, fast, and 100% confidential.
Get the care you need – call today.