VSEA Workers’ Compensation
Consult With VT State Workers’ Compensation Experts
State workers help maintain the proper functioning of Vermont’s infrastructure, from road work to the court system and law enforcement. But the work can lead to situations that put the State worker in harm’s way. Whether working with heavy machinery and materials or in the crossfire of crime, Vermont State workers can suffer injuries and illnesses that may entitle them to workers’ compensation benefits. Over the past two decades, Biggam, Fox & Skinner has successfully handled hundreds of cases for Vermont State workers and VSEA members.
Reverse the State’s Poor Decisions
At Biggam, Fox & Skinner, we will help you reverse poor decisions made by the State’s Office of Workers’ Compensation (formerly Risk Management). These decisions can include:
- Making you take sick time for medical appointments related to workers’ compensation (this is illegal in Vermont).
- Taking the full 21 days to accept or deny your claim when it is clear that you were hurt at work.
- Saying they didn’t receive your medical records when you know they did.
- Not reimbursing your mileage for going to appointments.
Talk to a lawyer for free
Contact us to set up a a free appointment and secure the workers’ compensation you deserve. We never represent your employer and you pay us nothing unless we win your case.
- 1-800-995-4807 (toll free)
- Submit the contact form on this page
Common workplace injuries for Vermont State workers:
- Neck, spine, and lower back pain
- Orthopedic injuries to upper or lower extremities
- Brain trauma
- Fractures or broken bones
How do Vermont State workers get injured?
Perhaps you are unable to work because of a mishap with a loader, cement mixer, or scaffolding, or an accident involving a weapon, a criminal assault, or chemical exposure. You may have spinal, neck, or back injuries from a motor vehicle accident suffered while working for a State agency. Or perhaps you fell at work, or you have a long-term illness, such as heart disease, from sedentary or high-stress work. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits for any of these injuries and illnesses.
Get the VSEA member discount
We offer VSEA members a discounted fee agreement because we respect the VSEA and what it represents. We are on your side when you are down and wondering if you will get what you need in your fight for proper compensation. Join hundreds of your co-workers before you and call us for a free consultation.
Here’s how you can reach us:
- fill out the contact form on this page
- call us at 1-800-995-4807 and mention that you’re a VSEA member