BFS is proud to sponsor our local collegiate baseball team, the Vermont Mountaineers. They're a member of the New England Collegiate Baseball League, and they have only missed the postseason twice in their team history. The Mountaineers are a great community and family experience. Come on out and support them in June and July at the Montpelier Recreation Field!
In The Community
We work hard for our clients on their legal claims, and we actively volunteer in our neighborhoods and the Vermont legal community. We give our time, our skills, and our financial support to many different worthwhile causes.
Sorting produce, packing donations of frozen meat, or filling up boxes with food for seniors--the BFS team does it all on our volunteer days at the Vermont Foodbank. We also make an annual donation as a firm.
Kids' Chance of Vermont
Biggam Fox Skinner is proud to support Kids’ Chance of Vermont through our donations and through Attorney Heidi Groff's service as president. Since it was founded in 2014, Kids’ Chance of Vermont has awarded 18 scholarships worth more than $120,000 to Vermont youth.
Sponsorships Past and Present
- Sunrise Gymnastics
- Central Vermont Little League
- Vermont Mountaineers
- Good Samaritan Haven
- Vermont Lake Monsters
- Parkapalooza, an annual concert in Hubbard Park, Montpelier
- Vermont Legal Aid
- KidSafe Collaborative
- Girls on the Run Vermont
- Prevent Child Abuse Vermont
- Lawyers Fighting Hunger Food Drive
Pro Bono Work—For The Public Good
Our attorneys give freely of their time and legal expertise for the public good. They are effective advocates for justice through their service on boards, committees, and the courts.
- Vermont Association for Justice (VTAJ) - Attorney Kelly Massicotte is a current board member. Attorneys Pat Biggam and Ron Fox both previously served on the Board of Governors.
- Legislative advocacy - our attorneys actively support or oppose legislation and regulations that affect our clients.
- Washington County Small Claims Court - Attorney Heidi Groff serves central Vermont as a small claims judge.
- Our attorneys are longstanding active members of our county bar association.